Thursday, September 30, 2010

While walking to class today.....

On my way to class today I saw this guy out in the lawn by The ECS building throwing a football by himself.  He would stand there, get ready to throw, than give it the old college hail Mary across the field (which at best was probably 25 feet.. feel kinda bad for him).  Then after the ball was received by the invisible receiver, he would walk over to where the ball sat on the ground, pick it up, and then throw it back.  While walking to my class I was able to witness him do this routine a few times.  Coincidently, when I was walking in the radius of his throwing capabilities, the ball landed right next to me. So, being the wonderful friendly Baylor student I am, I picked the ball up and kindly tossed it back at him. We both nodded at each other as I headed on my way to class and he threw it to imaginary Kendal Wright.  No words were exchanged over this awkward, but interesting, confrontation.

1 comment:

  1. He probably wanted someone to ask if they could play with him. I often hacky sack by myself, and it's nice when someone asks if they can join me. That's not quite as awkward as playing catch alone though, except when people take pictures of me without asking. I guess that they think it's weird since I'm a girl and I'm actually reasonably good. At least, when my legs aren't paralyzed, I'm pretty good.

    ReplyDelete