Sunday, December 26, 2010

For the longest time, I didn’t know what “Happy Holidays” meant. . .

Being 19 years old I spent many of my “growing up years" (when I didn’t know everything that older people knew about yet but I would soon learn on my own) growing up when everybody was trying to say things politically correct. So around Christmastime I would always hear people saying “Happy Holidays” and I would be like.. “Oh thanks , Santa’s coming!!” then my dad or mom would say back to them, “Yeah MERRY CHRISTMAS!” . . It didn’t quite click in my head that they were trying to be politically correct and not offend the Jews or the Muslims or the people celebrating the positioning of the sun. Yet, happy holidays always made crystal clear sense to me. Because, I would get out from school, and during this time off from school there would be two big events. These events were Christmas and New Years day. So, I thought that these were the holidays all the nice people saying “Happy Holidays” were referring too. Not this politically correct crap everybody is throwing in our faces. Now I know the truth about this horrible saying and now join in the fight against religious oppression and shove “Merry Christmas!” down the throats of the oppressors!!

-Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment