Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Today I got a pet Penguin

The other day I was thinking to myself that a penguin would make a great pet.  They're cute,  cuddly, and I'm pretty sure they are a chick magnet. So, I decided that I would go out and get one.

My first stop in my quest for a penguin was the pet store in the mall, which always have the sickest best pets, and I asked the girl setting behind the desk filing her nails if they had any penguins in stock? And then she said "no" and pointed to the cat on the desk then said, "we have cats though, their furry too."

So after being slightly disappointed that the pet store did not have any penguins I thought about my next two options to get a pet penguin. Which are fly to Antarctica, or jack one from the zoo.  So, being finals week, I decided I'd head over to Cameron Park Zoo and "acquire" a new pet.  

Once I got to the penguin exhibit, I saw my new pet for the first time.  Just chill'n by the fake rocks and swimming pool.  



I quickly snagged him up and brought him back home and officially named him Petter.  Once I got home I couldn't decide what to keep him in when I wasn't playing with him or strut'n him down the street.  Because since penguins are birds, do I keep him in a bird cage? 



Then I decided that the bird cage was not real fitting, and his water bowl wasn't big enough for him to splash around it and catch fish in. So, I got him a fish tank to swim around in and a big ice cube because penguins like water, fish, and ice and this is just the place to contain everything.  

After he got used to his new home I decided to go on a walk with my new friend.  And he was quite the attention getter.

But after while, Petter was starting to get tired of all the attention and he started looking tired.  So I took him back home.  Then after watching him sleep on his ice cube I felt sorry for the little guy that he was not in his natural environment.  So I came up with a plan.

I was going to bring him back to Antarctica! Since nothing has changed yet and it is still finals week I could not personally take him to Antarctica, so I got this big box, and cut holes in it so he can breath. And then I shipped him off to Antarctica! 


So, I would imagine UPS would drop him off close to some other peeps he'd know so he wouldn't totally be alone out there.  Then he'd be living the true hardcore life of a penguin with world traveling experience.  





So there is my story about Petter. What an exciting time we shared together. Next week I think I'm going to go get lady or joy to bring back to my room and hang out for a bit... till chamber gets a little ticked off about it......


Theres me with Lady, or Joy.... I cant tell the two apart......



-Drew



2 comments:

  1. That was the best story ever. I love your drawings, haha. I'm sure you don't need a penguin to be a chick magnet ;)

    ReplyDelete