Monday, December 6, 2010

Studying at McDonalds for finals. . . with homeless people


Last week I was sitting in the McDonalds across the street from campus and noticed that they had free wifi, I then thought this would be a great place to study for finals cause you got wifi, free refills, interesting people, and crappy food... great place, ha.... So, I'm here sitting at Micky D's with my friend Alex studying for finals... at McDonalds.  I was looking forward to "trying" their new Caramel Mocha but I had a feeling that they were going to tell me that their coffee machine is broken because for some reason every coffee machine or ice cream machine always seems to break after about 7p.m. at every fast food place.  Turns out this coffee machine is right on time and is broken... So after having already swiped my card and paid for it (dang mcdonalds sucking me in to buying something) I was forced to either take an ice coffee or a frappuccino, and being 20 degrees below zero outside I chose a frappuccino (is that how you spell it? well, i dont care anyways, you get what i mean). Expecting this to be an explosion of flavor of caramel and the best coffee in the world, I was instantly unimpressed.  You know when you take a drink of something and right after you swallow you get that little "after swallow taste," well this after taste tasted what I would imagine the bathroom here at McDonalds to taste like if you were to lick the floor.  I dont know why my mind connected cheap coffee, Waco water ice, and bad caramel to the McDonalds bathroom, but it did.  And I'm pretty sure this crap caramel is stuck in my esophagus.. I can feel it not going down... So after powering through this bathroom flavored drink I started to actually do some work, and whats a trip outside the "Baylor bubble" with out getting approached by a homeless person... Yup, just like I knew the coffee machine wasnt going to work, I knew Jerry J-walker would come up and ask me for change, so I planned ahead and had some change ready... these encounters never fail.  Its past 10, I'm surprised an armed robbery hasn't happened yet... Oh wait!, no.. a travel bus from Mexico just got here....


While deep in study I glanced over at another table and a question arose in my head.



Why are chairs at fast food restaurants usually connected to the ground? Like they can swivel, but you cant move em back. Are they there to laugh in the face of really fat people who cant sit there because their stomach circumference will not allow them to fit? Like, "Ha your too fat to sit here, you cant move this chair back! ha, the fat seats are over there ----> *pointing to the bathroom*." And I guess they have a mean sense of humor too.... 

Well, its finally dead week.... yay!...... uh oh another homeless person. he has a legit orange backpack and tan trench coat though, with some tats from back in Nam. 

Current Homeless count: 5 

-Drew 

No comments:

Post a Comment